Using LEDs, LCDs and GLCDs in Microcontroller Projects
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Dogan Ibrahim
Published Online: 22 AUG 2012 08:26AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781119940708
Online ISBN: 9781118361054
About this Book
Describing the use of displays in microcontroller based projects, the author makes extensive use of real-world, tested projects. The complete details of each project are given, including the full circuit diagram and source code. The author explains how to program microcontrollers (in C language) with LED, LCD and GLCD displays; and gives a brief theory about the operation, advantages and disadvantages of each type of display.
- Covers topics such as: displaying text on LCDs, scrolling text on LCDs, displaying graphics on GLCDs, simple GLCD based games, environmental monitoring using GLCDs (e.g. temperature displays)
- Uses C programming throughout the book - the basic principles of programming using C language and introductory information about PIC microcontroller architecture will also be provided
- Includes the highly popular PIC series of microcontrollers using the medium range PIC18 family of microcontrollers in the book.
- Provides a detailed explanation of Visual GLCD and Visual TFT with examples.
- Companion website hosting program listings and data sheets
- Contains the extensive use of visual aids for designing LED, LCD and GLCD displays to help readers to understand the details of programming the displays: screen-shots, tables, illustrations, and figures, as well as end of chapter exercises
Using LEDs, LCDS, and GLCDs in Microcontroller Projects is an application oriented book providing a number of design projects making it practical and accessible for electrical & electronic engineering and computer engineering senior undergraduates and postgraduates. Practising engineers designing microcontroller based devices with LED, LCD or GLCD displays will also find the book of great use.