Gears and Gear Drives
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Damir Jelaska
Published Online: 3 SEP 2012 01:00AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781119941309
Online ISBN: 9781118392393
About this Book
Understanding how gears are formed and how they interact or 'mesh' with each other is essential when designing equipment that uses gears or gear trains. The way in which gear teeth are formed and how they mesh is determined by their geometry and kinematics, which is the topic of this book.
Gears and Gear Drives provides the reader with comprehensive coverage of gears and gear drives. Spur, helical, bevel, worm and planetary gears are all covered, with consideration given to their classification, geometry, kinematics, accuracy control, load capacity and manufacturing. Cylindrical gear geometry is the basis for dealing with any gear drives, so this is covered in detail.
- Contains hundreds of 2D and 3D figures to illustrate all types of gears and gear drives, including planetary and worm gears
- Includes fundamental derivations and explanations of formulae
- Enables the reader to know how to carry out accuracy control and load capacity checks for any gear drive
- Includes directions for the practical design of gears and gear drives
- Covers DIN and ISO standards in the area