Design of Highway Bridges: An LRFD Approach, Third Edition
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Richard M. Barker, Jay A. Puckett
Published Online: 24 JAN 2013 09:22AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470900666
Online ISBN: 9781118411124
About this Book
Up-to-date coverage of bridge design and analysis revised to reflect the fifth edition of the AASHTO LRFD specifications
Design of Highway Bridges, Third Edition offers detailed coverage of engineering basics for the design of short- and medium-span bridges. Revised to conform with the latest fifth edition of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, it is an excellent engineering resource for both professionals and students. This updated edition has been reorganized throughout, spreading the material into twenty shorter, more focused chapters that make information even easier to find and navigate. It also features:
- Expanded coverage of computer modeling, calibration of service limit states, rigid method system analysis, and concrete shear
- Information on key bridge types, selection principles, and aesthetic issues
- Dozens of worked problems that allow techniques to be applied to real-world problems and design specifications
- A new color insert of bridge photographs, including examples of historical and aesthetic significance
- New coverage of the "green" aspects of recycled steel
- Selected references for further study
From gaining a quick familiarity with the AASHTO LRFD specifications to seeking broader guidance on highway bridge designDesign of Highway Bridges is the one-stop, ready reference that puts information at your fingertips, while also serving as an excellent study guide and reference for the U.S. Professional Engineering Examination.