The Student's Companion to the Theologians
Copyright © 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Editor(s): Ian S. Markham
Published Online: 31 JAN 2013 07:35AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405135078
Online ISBN: 9781118427170
About this Book
About The Product
This two-volume companion brings together a team of contemporary theologians and writers to provide substantial introductions to the key people who shaped the Christian story and tradition.
- A substantial two-volume reference work, bringing together over 75 entries on the most important and influential theologians in the history of Christianity
- Structured accessibly around five periods: early centuries, middle ages, reformation period, the Enlightenment, and the twentieth-century to the present
- A to Z entries range from substantial essays to shorter overviews, each of which locates the theologian in their immediate context, summarizes the themes of their work, and explains their significance
- Covers a broad span of theologians, from Augustine to Thomas Aquinas, through to C. S. Lewis, James Cone, and Rosemary Radford Reuther
- Provides profiles of key Catholic, protestant, evangelical, and progressive theologians
- Includes a useful timeline to orientate the reader, reading lists, and a glossary of key terms