Networks and Services: Carrier Ethernet, PBT, MPLS-TP, and VPLS
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Mehmet Toy
Published Online: 12 SEP 2012
Print ISBN: 9780470391198
Online ISBN: 9781118435960
Series Editor(s): T. Russell Hsing, Vincent K. N. Lau
About this Book
This book provides a comprehensive understanding of current and debated future networking technologies. It gives insight into building end-to-end networks and services with Carrier Ethernet, PBT, MPLS-TP, and VPLS while also shedding light on the pros and cons of these technologies for service providers and enterprise network owners.
Focusing on layer-2 networking and services, Networks and Services covers:
- The basics of Ethernet such as protocol stack, bridges, switches, and hubs
- Key techniques that are being used in building carrier-class Carrier Ethernet networks and services like synchronization, pseudowires, and protection
- Carrier Ethernet network architectures and services that are currently deployed in the industry
- Traffic management and OAM capabilities of Carrier Ethernet
- Circuit Emulation Services
- PBB and PBT to resolve possible scalability issues of Carrier Ethernet
- Technologies that are competing or working with Carrier Ethernet in forming data networks and services, Transport MPLS, MPLS Transport Profile, and VPLS
Networks and Services: Carrier Ethernet, PBT, MPLS-TP, and VPLS is ideal for network architects, engineers, and planning professionals in telecommunications, as well as students and researchers in related disciplines.