Thyroid Surgery: Preventing and Managing Complications
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Editor(s): Paolo Miccoli, David J. Terris, Michele N. Minuto, Melanie W. Seybt
Published Online: 18 DEC 2012
Print ISBN: 9780470659502
Online ISBN: 9781118444832
About this Book
Do you regularly perform thyroid surgery?
Are you looking for a tool that guides you through best surgical practice and successful
avoidance of complications?
Whether you are an endocrine surgeon, general surgeon or otolaryngologist, you will find this highly practical, full colour multimedia tool an essential guide to help perfect your surgical techniques and overcome the various complications that can arise when performing surgery of the thyroid.
Packed full of useful tips and tricks, and well illustrated with over 130 figures, it covers the following key areas:
• Best practices in thyroid surgery
• Intraoperative complications - both common and rare cases
• Postoperative complications - including those needing urgent treatment
• Complications following minimally invasive and robotic techniques
• Thyroid hormone replacement and quality of life after thyroid surgery.
Included also are 20 high resolution, step-by-step surgical videos of thyroid surgery, giving you outstanding visual coverage of the experts in action.
Edited by an expert international editor team from the US and Europe, Thyroid Surgery: Preventing and
Managing Complications perfectly meets all of your clinical needs.