Introduction to Industrial Polypropylene: Properties, Catalysts Processes
Copyright © 2012 Scrivener Publishing LLC. All rights reserved.
Author(s): Dennis B. Malpass, Elliot I. Band
Published Online: 2 JUL 2012 08:38AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118062760
Online ISBN: 9781118463215
About this Book
About The Product
This introductory text is an important resource for new engineers, chemists, students, and chemical industry personnel to understand the technical aspects of polypropylene which is the 2nd largest synthetics polymer in manufactured output.
The book considers the following topics:
- What are the principal types of polypropylene and how do they differ?
- What catalysts are used to produce polypropylene and how do they function?
- What is the role of cocatalysts and how have they evolved over the years?
- How are industrial polypropylene catalysts tested and the resultant polymer evaluated?
- What processes are used in the manufacture of polypropylene?
- What are the biopolymer alternatives to polypropylene?
- What companies are the major industrial manufacturers of polypropylene?
- What is the environmental fate of polypropylene?