Galatians Through the Centuries
Copyright © 2013 John Riches
Author(s): John Riches
Published Online: 20 NOV 2012 10:02PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780631230847
Online ISBN: 9781118476369
About this Book
About The Product
This commentary on Paul's highly autobiographical letter to the Galations traces the history of the book's reception through the ages.
- Explores the influence and history of this important New Testament book
- Demonstrates the crucial role that Galatians has played in the development of very diverse forms of Christian spirituality
- Considers the influence of Galatians on a wide range of theological figures, including Chrysostom, Augustine, and Luther
- Examines the ways in which Galatians has influenced images of Paul, suggesting that it is the indeterminacy and complexity of his text that cause it to be interpreted in such widely differing ways
- Focuses on verses, themes or arguments that have been the subject of particularly influential readings
- Published in the innovative and stimulating Wiley-Blackwell Bible Commentaries reception history series, which focuses on the broad spectrum of interpretations rather than the traditional verse by verse analysis typically found in commentaries.