Electronic Health Record: Standards, Coding Systems, Frameworks, and Infrastructures
Copyright © 2013 The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
Author(s): Pradeep Sinha, Gaur Sunder, Prashant Bendale, Manisha Mantri, Atreya Dande
Published Online: 12 DEC 2012 09:56AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118281345
Online ISBN: 9781118479612
About this Book
Discover How Electronic Health Records Are Built to Drive the Next Generation of Healthcare Delivery
The increased role of IT in the healthcare sector has led to the coining of a new phrase "health informatics," which deals with the use of IT for better healthcare services. Health informatics applications often involve maintaining the health records of individuals, in digital form, which is referred to as an Electronic Health Record (EHR). Building and implementing an EHR infrastructure requires an understanding of healthcare standards, coding systems, and frameworks. This book provides an overview of different health informatics resources and artifacts that underlie the design and development of interoperable healthcare systems and applications.
Electronic Health Record: Standards, Coding Systems, Frameworks, and Infrastructures compiles, for the first time, study and analysis results that EHR professionals previously had to gather from multiple sources. It benefits readers by giving them an understanding of what roles a particular healthcare standard, code, or framework plays in EHR design and overall IT-enabled healthcare services along with the issues involved.
This book on Electronic Health Record:
- Offers the most comprehensive coverage of available EHR Standards including ISO, European Union Standards, and national initiatives by Sweden, the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, and many others
- Provides assessment of existing standards
- Includes a glossary of frequently used terms in the area of EHR
- Contains numerous diagrams and illustrations to facilitate comprehension
- Discusses security and reliability of data