Odour Impact Assessment Handbook
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Editor(s): Vincenzo Belgiorno, Vincenzo Naddeo, Tiziano Zarra
Published Online: 26 NOV 2012 04:52AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781119969280
Online ISBN: 9781118481264
About this Book
About The Product
Odours have become a priority concern for facility operators, engineers and urban planners who deal with waste and industrial treatment plants. The subjectivity of smell perception, its variability due to frequency and weather conditions, and the complex nature of the substances involved, has long hampered the regulation of odour emissions.
This book provides a comprehensive framework for the assessment, measurement and monitoring of odour emissions, and covers:
- Odour characterization and exposure effects
- Instruments and methods for sampling and measurement
- Strategies for odour control
- Dispersion modelling for odour exposure assessment
- Odour regulations and policies
- Procedures for odour impact assessment
- Case studies: Wastewater treatment, composting, industrial and CAFO plants, and landfill
Intended for researchers in environmental chemistry, environmental engineering, and civil engineering, this book is also an invaluable guide for industry professionals working in wastewater treatment, environmental and air analysis, and waste management.