Survey Measurement and Process Quality
Copyright © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Lars Lyberg, Paul Biemer, Martin Collins, Edith De Leeuw, Cathryn Dippo, Norbert Schwarz, Dennis Trewin
Published Online: 29 AUG 2012 10:10AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780471165590
Online ISBN: 9781118490013
About this Book
An in-depth look at current issues, new research findings, and interdisciplinary exchange in survey methodology and processing
Survey Measurement and Process Quality extends the marriage of traditional survey issues and continuous quality improvement further than any other contemporary volume. It documents the current state of the field, reports new research findings, and promotes interdisciplinary exchange in questionnaire design, data collection, data processing, quality assessment, and effects of errors on estimation and analysis.
The book's five sections discuss a broad range of issues and topics in each of five major areas, including
* Questionnaire design--conceptualization, design of rating scales for effective measurement, self-administered questionnaires, and more
* Data collection--new technology, interviewer effects, interview mode, children as respondents
* Post-survey processing and operations--modeling of classification operations, coding based on such systems, editing, integrating processes
* Quality assessment and control--total quality management, developing current best methods, service quality, quality efforts across organizations
* Effects of misclassification on estimation, analysis, and interpretation--misclassification and other measurement errors, new variance estimators that account for measurement error, estimators of nonsampling error components in interview surveys
Survey Measurement and Process Quality is an indispensable resource for survey practitioners and managers as well as an excellent supplemental text for undergraduate and graduate courses and special seminars.