Color: An Introduction to Practice and Principles, Third Edition
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Rolf G. Kuehni
Published Online: 9 OCT 2012
Print ISBN: 9781118173848
Online ISBN: 9781118533567
About this Book
The one-stop reference to the essentials of color science and technology-now fully updated and revised
The fully updated Third Edition of Color: An Introduction to Practice and Principles continues to provide a truly comprehensive, non-mathematical introduction to color science, complete with historical, philosophical, and art-related topics.
Geared to non-specialists and experts alike, Color clearly explains key technical concepts concerning light, human vision, and color perception phenomena. It covers color order systems in depth, examines color reproduction technologies, and reviews the history of color science as well as its relationship to art and color harmony. Revised throughout to reflect the latest developments in the field, the Third Edition:
- Features many new color illustrations, now fully incorporated into the text
- Offers new perspectives on what color is all about, diverging from conventional thinking
- Includes new information on perception phenomena, color order, and technological advances
- Updates material on such topics as the CIE colorimetric system and optimal object colors
- Extends coverage of color reproduction to display systems, photography, and color management
- Contains a unique timetable of color in science and art, plus a glossary of important terms
Praise for the previous editions:
"A nice bridge to areas usually not covered in academic visual science programs . . . outstanding."
-Joel Pokorny, visual scientist at The University of Chicago
"A good addition to any library, this should be useful for the color interests of artists, designers, craftsmen, philosophers, psychologists, color technologies, and students in related fields."