Measurements for Terrestrial Vegetation, Second Edition
This edition first published 2013 © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Charles D. Bonham
Published Online: 14 APR 2013 09:35PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470972588
Online ISBN: 9781118534540
About this Book
Measurements for Terrestrial Vegetation, 2nd Edition presents up-to-date methods for analyzing species frequency, plant cover, density and biomass data. Each method is presented in detail with a full discussion of its strengths and weaknesses from field applications through statistical characteristics of bias and use of the correct probability distribution to describe and analyze data. This practical book also covers the use of satellite imagery to obtain measurement data on cover, density and biomass. Field data collection includes current applications of statistical sampling and analysis designs that should be used to obtain and analyze these data.
This new and thoroughly updated edition of a classic text will be essential reading for everyone involved in measuring and assessing vegetation and plant biomass, including researchers and practitioners in vegetation science, plant ecology, forestry, global change scientists and conservation scientists.
- Provides a comprehensive catalogue of sampling, surveying and measuring techniques in vegetation science
- Updated to include new technologies and developments in the field
- New coverage of prediction models for large areas, including satellite mapping and remote sensing techniques
- Includes up-to-date applications of statistical sampling and analysis designs used to obtain and analyse data Reviews the strengths and weaknesses of each technique, allowing an informed choice of alternative approaches
- Clear diagrams to explain best-practice in methodology
The companion website for this book can be found at www.wiley.com/go/bonham/measurements