A Companion to W.V.O. Quine
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Gilbert Harman, Ernie Lepore
Published Online: 6 DEC 2013 10:01PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470672105
Online ISBN: 9781118607992
About this Book
This Companion brings together a team of leading figures in contemporary philosophy to provide an in-depth exposition and analysis of Quine's extensive influence across philosophy's many subfields, highlighting the breadth of his work, and revealing his continued significance today.
- Provides an in-depth account and analysis of W.V.O. Quine's contribution to American Philosophy, and his position as one of the late twentieth-century's most influential analytic philosophers
- Brings together newly-commissioned essays by leading figures within contemporary philosophy
- Covers Quine's work across philosophy of logic, philosophy of language, ontology and metaphysics, epistemology, and more
- Explores his work in relation to the origins of analytic philosophy in America, and to the history of philosophy more broadly
- Highlights the breadth of Quine's work across the discipline, and demonstrates the continuing influence of his work within the philosophical community