Object Detection and Recognition in Digital Images: Theory and Practice
This edition first published 2013 © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Bogusław Cyganek
Published Online: 5 JUN 2013 03:50AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470976371
Online ISBN: 9781118618387
About this Book
Object detection, tracking and recognition in images are key problems in computer vision. This book provides the reader with a balanced treatment between the theory and practice of selected methods in these areas to make the book accessible to a range of researchers, engineers, developers and postgraduate students working in computer vision and related fields.
- Explains the main theoretical ideas behind each method (which are augmented with a rigorous mathematical derivation of the formulas), their implementation (in C++) and demonstrated working in real applications.
- Places an emphasis on tensor and statistical based approaches within object detection and recognition.
- Provides an overview of image clustering and classification methods which includes subspace and kernel based processing, mean shift and Kalman filter, neural networks, and k-means methods.
- Contains numerous case study examples of mainly automotive applications.
- Includes a companion website hosting full C++ implementation, of topics presented in the book as a software library, and an accompanying manual to the software platform.