Sustainable Carbon Materials from Hydrothermal Processes
This edition first published 2013 © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): MARIA-MAGDALENA TITIRICI
Published Online: 9 JUN 2013 09:40PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781119975397
Online ISBN: 9781118622179
About this Book
The production of low cost and environmentally friendly high performing carbon materials is crucial for a sustainable future. Sustainable Carbon Materials from Hydrothermal Processes describes a sustainable and alternative technique to produce carbon from biomass in water at low temperatures, a process known as Hydrothermal Carbonization (HTC).
Sustainable Carbon Materials from Hydrothermal Processes presents an overview of this new and rapidly developing field, discussing various synthetic approaches, characterization of the final products, and modern fields of application for of sustainable carbon materials.
Topics covered include:
• Green carbon materials
• Porous hydrothermal carbons
• HTC for the production of valuable carbon hybrid materials
• Functionalization of hydrothermal carbon materials
• Characterization of HTC materials
• Applications of HTC in modern nanotechnology: Energy storage, electrocatalysis in fuel cells, photocatalysis, gas storage, water purification, sensors, bioapplications
• Environmental applications of HTC technology: Biochar production, carbon sequestration, and waste conversion
• Scale-up in HTC
Sustainable Carbon Materials from Hydrothermal Processes will serve as a comprehensive guide for students and newcomers in the field, as well as providing a valuable source of information for researchers and investors looking for alternative technologies to convert biomass into useful products.