Family Wealth Management
Copyright © 2013 by John Wiley & Sons Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Editor(s): Mark Haynes Daniell, Tom McCullough
Published Online: 9 AUG 2013 10:49PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470824290
Online ISBN: 9781118637807
About this Book
Introducing a fresh perspective on wealth management, with proven solutions to the challenges of preserving wealth and investing well in turbulent times
Family Wealth Management is coauthored by two experts in the field of private wealth - one, a former director of Bain & Company and the chairman of two of the world's largest family trusts, and the other, a CEO of a leading global family office and professor of finance from University of Toronto. The book introduces you to a unique model of wealth management that produces the desired return outcomes while being consistent with a family's overarching goals and values. The approach combines the best traditional investment and portfolio management practices with innovative new approaches designed to successfully navigate through economic climates both fair and foul. While the authors address the critical "hard" issues of asset management, they also emphasize important "soft" issues of working with families to ensure that actions are congruent with objectives, in alignment with family governance principles and designed to help sustain and grow family wealth over multiple generations.
The authors provide clear guidance on how to master each component.
- How to establish clear family vision, values, and goals as a critical foundation to a sound wealth management strategy
- How to establish a practical, integrated investment framework that will ensure a consistent, disciplined approach in all environments
- How to set a long-term family wealth strategy and define an asset allocation model that will produce the desired results
- How to draft an annual investment policy statement and refine the investment tactics based on capital markets trends and changes in the family's circumstance
- How to effectively monitor performance and respond to the need for change
- How to carefully select and manage an ecosystem of experienced, trusted financial advisors who will provide critical guidance through challenging period ahead
- How to successfully engage and educate the family to preserve and enhance the family's financial wealth and human capital over the generations