Text-Atlas of Skeletal Age Determination: MRI of the Hand and Wrist in Children
Copyright © 2014 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved
Editor(s): Ernesto Tomei, Sofia Battisti, Milvia Martino, Daniel B. Nissman, Richard C. Semelka
Published Online: 30 NOV 2013 02:01PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118692271
Online ISBN: 9781118692202
About this Book
The first complete textbook and atlas of the vitally important technique of bone age assessment utilizing MRI for children's hand and wrist
This latest volume in the growing Wiley Current Clinical Imaging series is a must-have resource that collects, in a single volume, all that is currently known and applicable about the use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the assessment of bone age.
Presented in two parts, Text-Atlas of Skeletal Age Determination: MRI of the Hand and Wrist in Children first focuses on the anatomic, social, and legal aspects of bone age, providing a concise overview of the use of bone age determination in medical, legal, and social systems.??It then covers the clinical use and application of MRI in assessing bone age. The book offers complete chapter coverage on endocrinology, puberty, and disorders of pubertal development; bone marrow maturation in healthy and diseased states; growth failure and pediatric inflammatory bowel disease; skeletal findings in neurometabolic disease, genetic disease, and pediatric oncology patients; and much more.
Text-Atlas of Skeletal Age Determination provides:
- A comprehensive review of the medical, legal, and social aspects of bone age assessment
- An in-depth discussion of MRI as an alternative to the traditional ionizing radiation-based radiographic techniques for the assessment of bone age
- Complete guidelines for clinical application of these MRI-based techniques
- "Recipes" for replicating these techniques and applications for diverse patient populations
- Cutting-edge information prepared and presented by an international team of experts
- A superb collection of beautifully reproduced, high-quality images
This is an ideal book for radiologists, pediatricians, family physicians, endocrinologists, and sports medicine physicians interested in skeletal development and bone age assessment.