Children's Respiratory Nursing
Copyright © 2013 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd,.
Editor(s): Janice Mighten
Published Online: 5 APR 2013 02:22AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405197755
Online ISBN: 9781118702680
About this Book
Children's Respiratory Nursing is a comprehensive, patient-centred text providing up-to-date information about the contemporary management of children with respiratory conditions. It looks at acute and chronic respiratory conditions in both primary and secondary health care sectors and explores the subject from a child- and family-focused perspective.
Children's Respiratory Nursing is divided into four user-friendly sections:
- The first section provides a general background for children's respiratory nursing
- Section two explores the various investigations that aid diagnosis and treatment, such as assessment of defects in airflow and lung volume, oxygen therapy, and long term ventilation
- Section three looks at respiratory infection and provides an overview of the common infections in children with reference to national and local guidelines
- The final section considers the practical issues that impact on children's nurses - the transition from children to adult services, legal and ethical issues and the professional communication skills needed for dealing with children and their families
This practical text is essential reading for all children's nurses who have a special interest in respiratory conditions and would like to develop a greater level of understanding of the management required.
- Examples of good practice provided throughout
- Includes evidence-based case studies
- Explores care in both hospital and community settings
- A strong practical approach throughout