A Practical Guide to Designing Phase II Trials in Oncology
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Sarah R. Brown, Walter M. Gregory, Chris Twelves, Julia Brown
Published Online: 11 APR 2014 08:30PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118570906
Online ISBN: 9781118763612
About this Book
How to identify optimal phase II trial designs
Providing a practical guide containing the information needed to make crucial decisions regarding phase II trial designs, A Practical Guide to Designing Phase II Trials in Oncology sets forth specific points for consideration between the statistician and clinician when designing a phase II trial, including issues such as how the treatment works, choice of outcome measure and randomization, and considering both academic and industry perspectives. A comprehensive and systematic library of available phase II trial designs is included, saving time otherwise spent considering multiple manuscripts, and real-life practical examples of using this approach to design phase II trials in cancer are given.
A Practical Guide to Designing Phase II Trials in Oncology:
- Offers a structured and practical approach to phase II trial design.
- Considers trial design from both an academic and industry perspective.
- Includes a structured library of available phase II trial designs.
- Is relevant to both clinical and statistical researchers at all levels
- Includes real life examples of applying this approach.
- For those new to trial design, A Practical Guide to Designing Phase II Trialsin Oncology will be a unique and practical learning tool, providing an introduction to the concepts behind informed decision making in phase II trials. For more experienced practitioners, the book will offer an overview of new, less familiar approaches to phase II trial design, providing alternative options to those which they may have previously used.