Emergency Care and the Public's Health
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Jesse M. Pines, Jameel Abualenain, James Scott, Robert Shesser
Published Online: 30 MAY 2014 08:30PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118779804
Online ISBN: 9781118779750
About this Book
As US health care systems undergo a period of transformative change, so too will emergency care, and more specifically emergency departments. This transformation will include:
- The development of new diagnostic, therapeutic, and information technologies
- A growing need to prepare and respond to emerging public health threats
- The expansion of the role of allied health professionals to address the workforce crisis
- Novel expectations for care coordination
- The fundamental economics of emergency care under new payment models, and
- The key relationship with American law.
Emergency Care and the Public's Health explores the complex role of emergency care in the context of these changes and as an increasingly vital component of health care systems both within and outside the US.
From an expert emergency medicine team, this new title is a reference for emergency care and critical care providers, allied health professionals and hospital administrators. It is also for relevant for public policy and healthcare policy professionals.