Radio Propagation and Adaptive Antennas for Wireless Communication Networks, Second Edition
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Nathan Blaunstein, Christos G. Christodoulou
Published Online: 18 APR 2014 08:52PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781118659540
Online ISBN: 9781118816707
About this Book
- Explores novel wireless networks beyond 3G, and advanced 4G technologies, such as MIMO, via propagation phenomena and the fundamentals of adapted antenna usage.
- Explains how adaptive antennas can improve GoS and QoS for any wireless channel, with specific examples and applications in land, aircraft and satellite communications.
- Introduces new stochastic approach based on several multi-parametric models describing various terrestrial scenarios, which have been experimentally verified in different environmental conditions
- New chapters on fundamentals of wireless networks, cellular and non-cellular, multiple access networks, new applications of adaptive antennas for positioning, and localization of subscribers
- Includes the addition of problem sets at the end of chapters describing fundamental aspects of wireless communication and antennas.