Discovering Knowledge in Data: An Introduction to Data Mining, Second Edition
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Author(s): Daniel T. Larose, Chantal D. Larose
Published Online: 4 JUL 2014 08:30PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470908747
Online ISBN: 9781118874059
About this Book
The field of data mining lies at the confluence of predictive analytics, statistical analysis, and business intelligence. Due to the ever-increasing complexity and size of data sets and the wide range of applications in computer science, business, and health care, the process of discovering knowledge in data is more relevant than ever before.
- The second edition of a highly praised, successful reference on data mining, with thorough coverage of big data applications, predictive analytics, and statistical analysis.
- Includes new chapters on Multivariate Statistics, Preparing to Model the Data, and Imputation of Missing Data, and an Appendix on Data Summarization and Visualization
- Offers extensive coverage of the R statistical programming language
- Contains 280 end-of-chapter exercises
- Includes a companion website with further resources for all readers, and Powerpoint slides, a solutions manual, and suggested projects for instructors who adopt the book