Statistical Methods in Healthcare
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Frederick W. Faltin, Ron S. Kenett, Fabrizio Ruggeri
Published Online: 30 JUL 2012
Print ISBN: 9780470670156
Online ISBN: 9781119940012
About this Book
In recent years the number of innovative medicinal products and devices submitted and approved by regulatory bodies has declined dramatically. The medical product development process is no longer able to keep pace with increasing technologies, science and innovations and the goal is to develop new scientific and technical tools and to make product development processes more efficient and effective. Statistical Methods in Healthcare focuses on the application of statistical methodologies to evaluate promising alternatives and to optimize the performance and demonstrate the effectiveness of those that warrant pursuit is critical to success. Statistical methods used in planning, delivering and monitoring health care, as well as selected statistical aspects of the development and/or production of pharmaceuticals and medical devices are also addressed.
With a focus on finding solutions to these challenges, this book:
- Provides a comprehensive, in-depth treatment of statistical methods in healthcare, along with a reference source for practitioners and specialists in health care and drug development.
- Offers a broad coverage of standards and established methods through leading edge techniques.
- Uses an integrated, case-study based approach, with focus on applications.
- Looks at the use of analytical and monitoring schemes to evaluate therapeutic performance.
- Features the application of modern quality management systems to clinical practice, and to pharmaceutical development and production processes.
- Addresses the use of modern Statistical methods such as Adaptive Design, Seamless Design, Data Mining, Bayesian networks and Bootstrapping that can be applied to support the challenging new vision.
Practitioners in healthcare-related professions, ranging from clinical trials to care delivery to medical device design, as well as statistical researchers in the field, will benefit from this book.