Creating Safer Organisations: Practical Steps to Prevent the Abuse of Children by Those Working with Them
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Editor(s): Marcus Erooga
Published Online: 10 APR 2012 09:15PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781119972693
Online ISBN: 9781119943228
Series Editor(s): Christopher Cloke, Jan Horwath, Peter Sidebotham
About this Book
About The Product
An accessible resource to help those in organisational settings ensure that they have taken all possible steps to safeguard the children and young people they are responsible for.
- Draws on up to date research with people who have committed sexual offences against children in organisational settings, and new developments in interviewing approaches
- Details recent cases to illustrate points about institutional failures in protecting children
- Highlights the fact that those who sexually offend against children are a diverse and heterogeneous population, and the approaches taken to protect children must address the range of possible risks
- Makes a firm commitment to the importance of multi-agency and inter-disciplinary collaboration and is relevant in both community and residential settings
- Offers clear and practical messages and measures for organisations to act on