Schiff's Diseases of the Liver, Eleventh Edition
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Editor(s): Eugene R. Schiff, Willis C. Maddrey, Michael F. Sorrell
Published Online: 31 OCT 2011 03:55AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470654682
Online ISBN: 9781119950509
About this Book
About The Product
For over 50 years covering 10 previous editions, Schiff's Diseases of the Liver has provided hepatologists with an outstanding evidence-based clinical reference work covering all aspects of liver disease, and is without doubt one of the world's leading hepatology textbooks. Now fully revised and updated, it will serve as your first-stop reference for today's demanding clinical situations.
With a strong clinical focus, Schiff's Diseases of the Liver covers anatomy, pathology, testing, imaging, and effects of liver disease on other organs, before moving on to sections that address specific diseases and clinical syndromes. Its enormous appeal has been due to the clarity of text, combined with the sheer thoroughness of its breadth of content. Key features include:
- An attractive full color design throughout
- Informative section overviews for each section
- Concise key concepts box in every chapter
- Treatment guidelines and management algorithms for every disease
- A full liver transplant section
This 11th edition sees all existing chapters fully revised and refreshed with the very latest in clinical information from the world's leading hepatologists. Also new to this edition is a companion website containing a variety of important extra materials, including:
- Approximately 100 multiple choice questions of the standard used in ABIM board exams in gastroenterology, to allow the user to self-assess their clinical knowledge
- All 450+ figures from the book in a high-quality, fully transportable and downloadable electronic format
- High-quality video clips of a variety of surgical procedures, all fully linked to the text
- 35 case studies featuring real-life clinical scenarios.
Schiff's Diseases of the Liver remains the key textbook for all gastroenterologists and hepatologists, in training or fully qualified, managing patients with liver disease.