Teaching Geographic Information Science and Technology in Higher Education
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): David J. Unwin, Kenneth E. Foote, Nicholas J. Tate, David DiBiase
Published Online: 10 FEB 2012 06:27AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470748565
Online ISBN: 9781119950592
About this Book
Geographic Information Science and Technology (GISc&T) has been at the forefront of education innovation in geography and allied sciences for two decades.
Teaching Geographic Information Science and Technology in Higher Education is an invaluable reference for educators and researchers working in GISc&T, providing coverage of the latest innovations in the field and discussion of what the future holds for GI Science education in the years to come.
This book clearly documents teaching innovations and takes stock of lessons learned from experience in the discipline. The content will be of interest both to educators and researchers working in GISc&T, and to educators in other related fields. More importantly, this book also anticipates some of the opportunities and challenges in GI Science and Technology education that may arise in the next decade. As such it will be of interest to chairs, deans, administrators, faculty in other subfields, and educators in general.
- Innovative book taking a look at recent innovations and teaching developments in the course provision of GI Science and Technology in higher education.
- Edited by leaders in the field of GISc&T who have been at the forefront of education innovation in GI Science and allied science subjects.
- Provides coverage of GISc & Technology in a range of institutional settings from an international perspective at all levels of higher education.
- An invaluable text for all educators within the field of GISc&T and allied subjects with advice from experts in the field on best practice.
- Includes coverage and practical advice on curriculum design, teaching with GIS technology, distance and eLearning with global examples from leading academics in the field.