Introduction to Pharmaceutical Chemical Analysis
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Steen Hansen, Stig Pedersen-Bjergaard, Knut Rasmussen
Published Online: 27 OCT 2011 02:04AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470661215
Online ISBN: 9781119953647
About this Book
This textbook is the first to present a systematic introduction to chemical analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, finished pharmaceutical products, and of drugs in biological fluids, which are carried out in pharmaceutical laboratories worldwide.
In addition, this textbook teaches the fundamentals of all the major analytical techniques used in the pharmaceutical laboratory, and teaches the international pharmacopoeias and guidelines of importance for the field. It is primarily intended for the pharmacy student, to teach the requirements in "analytical chemistry" for the 5 years pharmacy curriculum, but the textbook is also intended for analytical chemists moving into the field of pharmaceutical analysis.
- Addresses the basic concepts, then establishes the foundations for the common analytical methods that are currently used in the quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis of pharmaceutical drugs
- Provides an understanding of common analytical techniques used in all areas of pharmaceutical development
- Suitable for a foundation course in chemical and pharmaceutical sciences
- Aimed at undergraduate students of degrees in Pharmaceutical Science/Chemistry Analytical Science/Chemistry, Forensic analysis
- Includes many illustrative examples