Statistics in Psychology Using R and SPSS
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Dieter Rasch, Klaus D. Kubinger, Takuya Yanagida
Published Online: 28 OCT 2011 03:45AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470971246
Online ISBN: 9781119979630
About this Book
Statistics in Psychology covers all statistical methods needed in education and research in psychology. This book looks at research questions when planning data sampling, that is to design the intended study and to calculate the sample sizes in advance. In other words, no analysis applies if the minimum size is not determined in order to fulfil certain precision requirements.
The book looks at the process of empirical research into the following seven stages:
- Formulation of the problem
- Stipulation of the precision requirements
- Selecting the statistical model for the planning and analysis
- The (optimal) design of the experiment or survey
- Performing the experiment or the survey
- Statistical analysis of the observed results
- Interpretation of the results.