Chemical Marine Monitoring: Policy Framework and Analytical Trends
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Philippe Quevauviller, Patrick Roose, Gert Verreet
Published Online: 15 APR 2012 09:21PM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470747650
Online ISBN: 9781119990826
Book Series: Water Quality Measurements
Series Editor(s): Philippe Quevauviller
About this Book
About The Product
Wide- scale chemical monitoring programmes are required by international conventions and European Union policies such as the Water Framework Directive (2000/60/EC) and the new EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD). This entails all waters, including transitional and coastal waters, sediments and biota.
The final volume in the Water Quality Measurement Serieshighlights policy frameworks and analytical trends with an emphasis on laboratory methods and quality control.
Within this comprehensive text, the following sections are included:
- Setting the Scene; monitoring of pollutants
- Policy Settings; international conventions and EU marine strategy
- Marine monitored parameters; trace elements, chemical species, organic micropollutants, and nutrients
- Types of monitoring; classical chemical monitoring, biomonitoring and in-situ methods
- Quality assurance; certified reference materials for marine monitoring
- Research and developments; the role of sediments in coastal monitoring, and passive sampling technologies
Chemical Marine Monitoring:Policy Framework and Analytical Trends is intended for postgraduates and researchers working in analytical chemistry and its application to environmental and health analyses. Those interested in developing new methods and materials in relation to drinking water regulations with also find this book beneficial.