Compendium of Transgenic Crop Plants
Copyright © 1999-2013 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9781405181099
About this Book
A comprehensive review of the commercially relevant transgenic plants. Each species, (or sometimes group of closely related species) is discussed in detail.
Key features include:
- A complete description of the successfully developed transgenic plants for around 200 commercially relevant crops, from fruit and vegetables, to grains, industrial crops and forest tree species.
- Discusses the transgenic techniques used in the molecular tailoring of traits relevant from an agricultural, medicinal and environmental point of view.
- Explores future developments, from desired traits to expected new technologies.
- Examines risks and concerns around the use of GM crops.
- Discusses public perception, industrial perspectives and the political and economical consequences of using GM crops.
With contributions from over 300 global scientists this is essential reading for all scientists and students working in the fields of agriculture, genetics and plant science.