The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics
Copyright © 1999-2014 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9781405198431
Editor(s): Carol A. Chapelle, Iowa State University, USA
About this Book
With over 1,100 entries written by an international team of scholars from over 40 countries The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics is a ground breaking reference work covering the highly diverse field of applied linguistics.
>>> 7 New Updates Published July 2016 - View them here. <<<
• Available as an online edition with twice yearly updates
• Covers 27 key areas of the field, including Language Learning and Teaching, Bilingual and Multilingual Education, Assessment and Testing, Corpus Linguistics, Conversation Analysis, Discourse, Cognitive Second Language Acquisition, Language Policy and Planning, Literacy, and Technology and Language
• Features over 200 entries on the philosophy and history of applied linguistics and biographies of key applied linguists
• Entries range from 1,500 to 4,000 words, with longer, essay style contributions giving a detailed overview of key developments and ideas
• Ideal for students, teachers, researchers, and practitioners in the interdisciplinary field of applied linguistics