Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease: From Fetus to Adult
Copyright © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Wyman W. Lai, Luc L. Mertens, Meryl S. Cohen, Tal Geva
Published Online: 5 AUG 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405174015
Online ISBN: 9781444306309
About this Book
Echocardiography is essential in the practice of pediatric cardiology. A clinical pediatric cardiologist is expected to be adept at the non-invasive diagnosis of congenital heart disease and those who plan to specialize in echocardiography will need to have knowledge of advanced techniques.
Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease addresses the needs of trainees and practitioners in this field, filling a void caused by the lack of material in this fast-growing area. This new title comprehensively covers the echocardiographic assessment of congenital heart disease, from the fetus to the adult, plus acquired heart disease in children.
Topics covered include:
- ultrasound physics
- laboratory set-up
- a protocol for a standard pediatric echocardiogram
- quantitative methods of echocardiographic evaluation, including assessment of diastolic function
- in depth coverage of congenital cardiovascular malformations
- acquired pediatric heart disease
- topics of special interest, such as 3D echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, and fetal echocardiography
The approach of this book is a major advancement for educational materials in the field of pediatric cardiology, and greatly enhances the experience for the reader. An accompanying DVD with moving images of the subjects covered in the textbook will further enhance the learning experience.