Environmental and Human Health Impacts of Nanotechnology
Copyright © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Jamie R. Lead, Emma Smith
Published Online: 20 AUG 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405176347
Online ISBN: 9781444307504
About this Book
An increased understanding of the environmental and human health impacts of engineered nanoparticles is essential for the responsible development of nanotechnology and appropriate evidence-based policy and guidelines for risk assessment. Presenting the latest advances in the field from a variety of scientific disciplines, this book offers a comprehensive overview of this challenging, inter-disciplinary research area.
Topics covered include:
- The properties, preparation and applications of nanomaterials
- Characterization and analysis of manufactured nanoparticles
- The fate and behaviour of nanomaterials in aquatic, terrestrial and atmospheric environments
- Ecotoxicology and human toxicology of manufactured nanoparticles
- Occupational health and exposure of nanomaterials
- Risk assessment and global regulatory and policy responses
Understanding the behaviour and impacts of nanotechnology in the environment and in human health is a daunting task and many questions remain to be answered. Environmental and Human Health Impacts of Nanotechnology will serve as a valuable resource for academic researchers in nanoscience and nanotechnology, environmental science, materials science and biology, as well as for scientists in industry, regulators and policy makers.