Risk Assessment and Management in Mental Health Nursing
Copyright © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Phil Woods, Alyson M. Kettles
Published Online: 5 MAY 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405152860
Online ISBN: 9781444312171
About this Book
Risk assessment and management is a core element of mental health practice, and all nurses need to be aware of the risks surrounding them and their patients in order to create a safe working environment. This timely and accessible text explores how nurses can enhance their skills, and improve their practice so that risk is assessed and managed safely and effectively.
Risk Assessment and Management in Mental Health Nursing explores issues including context and definitions of risk, risk assessment tools and techniques, strategies for preventing risk situations, suicide, self-harm, neglect, forensic aspects of risk, substance misuse, ethical considerations, , victimology, risk to others and risk to self.
- Written in the context of latest policy developments such as the National Service Frameworks
- Discusses the role of the mental health nurse in the assessment and management of risk
- Explores an increasingly important and timely subject in mental health practice
- Practical focus, with case studies throughout
- Written by experts in the field