Practical Resuscitation for Healthcare Professionals, Second Edition
Copyright © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Pam Moule, John W. Albarran
Published Online: 22 OCT 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405193542
Online ISBN: 9781444316056
About this Book
Practical Resuscitation for Healthcare Professionals is a beginner's guide to practical resuscitation which enables students and newly qualified staff to develop key resuscitation knowledge and skills. It reflects current guidelines and developments in resuscitation, including the 2005 European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation. Practical Resuscitation for Healthcare Professionals covers adult, paediatric and trauma resuscitation and addresses current legal and ethical issues including family witnessed resuscitation.
- Revised in accordance with the '2005 European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation'
- Covers prevention and management of cardiac arrest and post-resuscitation care
- Includes evidence based guidelines for basic and advanced life support
- Addresses family witnessed resuscitation
- Examines early warning scores
- Enables staff to develop key clinical competences in resuscitation
- Explores legal and ethical issues
- Examines adult, paediatric and trauma resuscitation
- Includes case studies
From reviews of the first edition:
'a comprehensive book, which reflects current guidelines. It is set out in a logical format with relevant supporting diagrams and illustrations. There are clear learning outcomes for each chapter... a good introduction to resuscitation for nurses.'
British Journal of Resuscitation