Malignant Liver Tumors: Current and Emerging Therapies, Third Edition
Copyright © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Pierre-Alain Clavien, Stefan Breitenstein
Published Online: 9 DEC 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405179768
Online ISBN: 9781444317053
About this Book
This comprehensive and critical review of current and established treatment modalities for malignant liver tumors is designed to help you sort through the proliferation of competitive approaches and choose the best treatment options for your patient. Dr. Clavien and his contributors consider all the options - radiological, surgical, pharmaceutical, and emerging/novel therapies - and help you find the best single or combined therapy.
Building on the success of the previous edition, this extremely thorough revision:
- features a new section on Guidelines for Liver Tumors, where you will find specific strategies for treating common liver malignancies; the guidelines were prepared by the Associate Editors and take into account national and international society guidelines
- reflects actual practice by taking a multidisciplinary approach, with contributions from international experts who have extensive experience with this patient population
- achieves comprehensive and balanced coverage by having each chapter reviewed by the Editor, Deputy Editor, two Associate Editors, and at least one external reviewer
- includes 16 new chapters that cover liver anatomy, histologic changes in the liver, epidemiology and natural history of HCC, CCC and colorectal liver metastases, strategies of liver resection, and economic aspects as well as novel therapies
- facilitates the kind of daily interaction among hepatologists, hepatic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiotherapists, and interventional radiologists that is essential when treating patients with complex liver malignancies
In 44 chapters organized into six major sections, the book covers the full range of liver tumors. The perfect blend of evidence and experience, Malignant Liver Tumors: Current and Emerging Therapies, 3rd Edition, illuminates the path to better patient care.