Atlas of the Diabetic Foot, Second Edition, Second Edition
Copyright © 2010 N. Katsilambros, N. Tentolouris, P. Tsapogas, E. Dounis.
Author(s): Nicholas Katsilambros, Eleftherios Dounis, Konstantinos Makrilakis, Nicholas Tentolouris, Panagiotis Tsapogas
Published Online: 5 APR 2011
Print ISBN: 9781405191791
Online ISBN: 9781444317589
About this Book
Foot ulcers occur in approximately 15% of the patients with diabetes mellitus in their lifetime, with a major impact on their quality of life. Many hospital admissions related to diabetes are due to foot ulcers, which can result in prolonged hospital stay and increased morbidity and mortality. The majority of lower limb amputations are performed in patients with diabetes every year (80,000 at least in the USA). Most of the diabetes-related foot problems can be prevented or their severity reduced by early detection and treatment. This book contributes to improved foot care through raised awareness of prevention, clinical manifestations, diagnosis and management among healthcare professionals.
This comprehensive atlas, now in a second edition, provides:
- 520 colour photographs, graphs, tables and imaging studies
- Educational examples taken from genuine case reports
- A reference guide for identifying patients at risk for foot problems
- Illustration of common problems such as neuropathic and neuroischaemic ulcers, ischaemia and infection
- Introduction to new technologies and bioengineered materials used for the treatment of foot ulcers
This book will be of interest to diabetologists, endocrinologists, podiatrists, specialist nurses, general practitioners, surgeons and clinical researchers.