Digital Media Law
Copyright © 2010 Ashley Packard
Author(s): Ashley Packard
Published Online: 14 JUL 2010
Print ISBN: 9781405181693
Online ISBN: 9781444318197
About this Book
About The Product
In a world where anyone can become a media producer, everyone should know something about media law - both to protect their own rights and to avoid violating the rights of others. Digital Media Law is the first media law text to respond to digitalization and globalization--the two most significant agents of change in the 21st century.
- The first book to explain how media law has evolved to meet the challenges posed by digital media, providing an introduction to all areas of digital media law and its overlap with traditional media law
- Covers areas such as Internet publishing, file sharing, satellite radio and cellular phone broadcasts
- Features explanations of traditional communication law concepts, illustrated with modern cases related to digital media that students know and use
- Expanded treatments are given to particularly interesting issues, cases, law projects, treaties, and litigants, etc.
- Accompanying website with ancillaries and updates on legal topics related to digital media can be found at http://www.digitalmedialaw.us.