Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2005, Robert M. Bojar, M.D.
Author(s): Robert M. Bojar
Published Online: 3 SEP 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405104395
Online ISBN: 9781444318364
About this Book
About The Product
Extensively revised to cover recent advances in cardiac surgery, the fourth edition of Bojar's Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery remains the gold standard for management of adult patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
The easily referenced outline format allows health practitioners of all levels to understand and apply basic concepts to patient care-perfect for cardiothoracic and general surgery residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, cardiologists, medical students, and critical care nurses involved in the care of both routine and complex cardiac surgery patients.
This comprehensive guide features:
- Detailed presentation addressing all aspects of perioperative care for adult cardiac surgery patients
- Outline format allowing quick access to information
- Chronological approach to patient care starting with diagnostic tests then covering preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care issues
- Additional chapters discussing bleeding, the respiratory, cardiac, and renal subsystems in depth, and aspects of care specific to recovery on the postoperative floor
- Completely updated references
- Extensive illustrations, including NEW figures depicting operative techniques
- 14 helpful appendices covering order and flow sheets, protocols, commonly used drug dosages, and procedures
Practical and accessible, the Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery is the essential reference guide to cardiac surgical patient care.