Comparative Theology: Deep Learning across Religious Borders
Copyright © 2010 Francis X. Clooney
Author(s): Francis X. Clooney
Published Online: 12 FEB 2010
Print ISBN: 9781405179737
Online ISBN: 9781444318951
About this Book
About The Product
Drawing upon the author's three decades of work in comparative theology, this is a pertinent and comprehensive introduction to the field, which offers a clear guide to the reader, enabling them to engage in comparative study.
- The author has three decades of experience of work in the field of comparative theology and is ideally placed to write this book
- Today's increasing religious diversity makes this a pertinent and timely publication
- Unique in the depth of its introduction and explanation of the discipline of 'comparative theology'
- Provides examples of how comparative theology works in the new global context of human religiosity
- Draws on examples specific to Hindu-Christian studies to show how it is possible to understand more deeply the wider diversity around us.
- Clearly guides the reader, enabling them to engage in comparative study