Cultural Diversity and Global Media: The Mediation of Difference
Copyright © 2010 Eugenia Siapera
Author(s): Eugenia Siapera
Published Online: 3 FEB 2010
Print ISBN: 9781405180474
Online ISBN: 9781444319132
About this Book
About The Product
Cultural Diversity and Global Media explores the relationship between the media and multiculturalism.
- Summarises and critically discusses current approaches to multiculturalism and the media from a global perspecive
- Explores both the theoretical debates and empirical findings on multiculturalism and the media
- Assumes the new perspective of mediation of cultural diversity, which critically combines elements of previous theories in order to gain a better understanding of the relationship between the media and cultural diversity
- Explores media ‘moments’ of production, representation and consumption, while incorporating arguments on their shifting roles and boundaries
- Examines separately the role of the internet, which is linked to many changes in patterns of media production, representation and to increased possibilities for diasporic and transnational communication
- Contains pedagogical features that enable readers to understand and critically engage with the material, and draws upon and reviews an extensive bibliography, providing a useful reference tool.