Managing Health and Safety in the Dental Practice: A Practical Guide
Copyright © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Author(s): Jane Bonehill
Published Online: 9 JUN 2010
Print ISBN: 9781405185929
Online ISBN: 9781444324983
About this Book
About The Product
The main purpose of this book is to provide clear, straightforward information about the key requirements relating to health and safety in dental practices, with a practical and user-friendly approach to help manage these issues on a day-to-day basis. It assists practice managers, dentists, dental nurses and other team members in making health and safety 'second nature' by integrating it into their usual routine - thereby preventing accidents, addressing unacceptable working practices, and maintaining professional standards in order to ensure, so far as is reasonable, the protection of employees and patients.
The book offers comprehensive coverage of all major topics, from the handling of hazardous substances to the management of medical emergencies. Each chapter includes:
- A tab for ease of reference
- A bulleted list outlining the scope of the chapter
- A list of figures
- An introduction to the subject and its relevance to the dental practice
- A list of key legislation relating to the subject
- The subject content broken down into sub-headings
- A summary to help reflection and recollection
- An action check list to measure against existing working practices
- frequently asked questions to assist in practical application
Each topic is covered with specific reference to dental practice needs, with all the necessary detail but no excessive technicality. Ultimately, this book shows how a healthy and safe workplace is eminently achievable.