Herbicides and Plant Physiology, Second Edition, Second Edition
Copyright © 2010 A.H. Cobb and J.P.H. Reade
Author(s): Professor Andrew H. Cobb, Dr John P.H. Reade
Published Online: 4 SEP 2010
Print ISBN: 9781405129350
Online ISBN: 9781444327793
About this Book
Herbicides make a spectacular contribution to modern crop production. Yet, for the development of more effective and safer agrochemicals, it is essential to understand how these compounds work in plants and their surroundings.
This expanded and fully revised second edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology provides a comprehensive and up-to-date account of how modern herbicides interact with target plants, and how they are used to manage crop production. In addition, the text:
- Provides a current account of the importance of weeds to crop yield and quality;
- Describes how new herbicides are discovered and developed;
- Examines precise sites of herbicide action and mechanisms of herbicide selectivity and resistance;
- Reviews commercial and biotechnological applications, including genetically engineered herbicide resistance in crops;
- Suggests new areas for future herbicide development;
- Includes many specially prepared illustrations.
As a summary of diverse research information, this second edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology is a valuable reference for students and researchers in plant physiology, crop production/protection, plant biochemistry, biotechnology and agriculture. All libraries in universities, agricultural colleges and research establishments where these subjects are studied and taught will need copies of this excellent book on their shelves.