Clinical Dilemmas in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: New Challenges, Second Edition
Copyright © 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Editor(s): Peter M. Irving, Corey A. Siegel, David S. Rampton, Fergus Shanahan
Published Online: 30 JAN 2012 09:37AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781444334548
Online ISBN: 9781444342574
About this Book
About The Product
The second edition of Clinical Dilemmas in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: New Challenges, is a practical, up-to-date handbook providing expert guidance on specific clinical dilemmas and areas of difficulty that the gastroenterologist regularly faces in day-to-day practice.
In this new edition, 75% of the "dilemmas" are brand new dilemmas facing the IBD specialist concerning emerging treatment therapies, such as the use of cannabinoids and Viagra for Crohn's disease. The remaining 25% of the dilemmas are fully updated from the previous edition, incorporating the latest clinical thinking.
Each of the 57 evidence-based chapters contains clear learning points, addresses different topics, and provides sound guidance on subjects ranging from optimizing current management through to special management problems and novel treatments.
This book is suitable for all medical professionals involved in the care of patients with IBD: established and trainee gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, specialist nurses, pharmacists, dieticians and counselors.