The Handbook of Phonological Theory, Second Edition
Copyright © 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Editor(s): John Goldsmith, Jason Riggle, Alan C. L. Yu
Published Online: 24 NOV 2011 12:00PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405157681
Online ISBN: 9781444343069
About this Book
The Handbook of Phonological Theory, second edition offers an innovative and detailed examination of recent developments in phonology, and the implications of these within linguistic theory and related disciplines.
- Revised from the ground-up for the second edition, the book is comprised almost entirely of newly-written and previously unpublished chapters
- Addresses the important questions in the field including learnability, phonological interfaces, tone, and variation, and assesses the findings and accomplishments in these domains
- Brings together a renowned and international contributor team
- Offers new and unique reflections on the advances in phonological theory since publication of the first edition in 1995
- Along with the first edition, still in publication, it forms the most complete and current overview of the subject in print