A Companion to Schopenhauer
Copyright © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Editor(s): Bart Vandenabeele
Published Online: 30 NOV 2011 10:27AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405171038
Online ISBN: 9781444347579
About this Book
A Companion to Schopenhauer provides a comprehensive guide to all the important facets of Schopenhauer's philosophy. The volume contains 26 newly commissioned essays by prominent Schopenhauer scholars working in the field today.
- A thoroughly comprehensive guide to the life, work, and thought of Arthur Schopenhauer
- Demonstrates the range of Schopenhauer's work and illuminates the debates it has generated
- 26 newly commissioned essays by some of the most prominent Schopenhauer scholars working today reflect the very latest trends in Schopenhauer scholarship
- Covers the full range of historical and philosophical perspectives on Schopenhauer's work
- Discusses his seminal contributions to our understanding of knowledge, perception, morality, science, logic and mathematics, Platonic Ideas, the unconscious, aesthetic experience, art, colours, sexuality, will, compassion, pessimism, tragedy, pleasure, and happiness