A Companion to Tacitus
Copyright © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Editor(s): Victoria Emma Pagán
Published Online: 24 NOV 2011 12:47PM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405190329
Online ISBN: 9781444354188
About this Book
About The Product
A Companion to Tacitus brings much needed clarity and accessibility to the notoriously difficult language and yet indispensable historical accounts of Tacitus. The companion provides both a broad introduction and showcases new theoretical approaches that enrich our understanding of this complex author.
- Tacitus is one of the most important Roman historians of his time, as well as a great literary stylist, whose work is characterized by his philosophy of human nature
- Encourages interdisciplinary discussion intended to engage scholars beyond Classics including philosophy, cultural studies, political science, and literature
- Showcases new theoretical approaches that enrich our understanding of this complex author
- Clarifies and explains the notoriously difficult language of Tacitus
- Written and designed to prepare a new generation of scholars to examine for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
- Includes contributions from a broad range of established international scholars and rising stars in the field