The Delphi Technique in Nursing and Health Research
Copyright © 2011 Sinead Keeney, Felicity Hasson and Hugh McKenna
Author(s): Sinead Keeney, Felicity Hasson, Hugh McKenna
Published Online: 3 DEC 2010 10:21AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405187541
Online ISBN: 9781444392029
About this Book
The Delphi Technique in Nursing and Health Research is a practical guide to using the Delphi methodology for students and researchers in nursing and health. It adopts a logical step-by-step approach, introducing the researcher to the Delphi, outlining its development, analysing key characteristics and parameters for its successful use and exploring its applications in nursing and health. The book addresses issues of methodology, design, framing the research question, sampling, instrumentation, methodological rigour, reliability and validity, and methods of data analysis.
The Delphi Technique in Nursing and Health Research enables the reader to be aware of the limitations of the technique and possible solutions, to design a Delphi questionnaire for each of the different rounds of a study, to consider different approaches to the technique in relation to a study, to analyse the data from each round of a Delphi study, and to understand the importance of feedback between rounds.
- A practical guide to facilitate use of the Delphi technique
- Provides the reader with the necessary information to participate in and conduct Delphi studies
- Examines different types of Delphi, including the e-Delphi, and modifications made to the technique
- Includes examples of real empirical investigations, brief case scenarios and key learning points for each chapter
- Explores the role of the Delphi researcher
- Explores ethical issues and issues of anonymity, use of experts and controlled feedback