Steel Detailers' Manual
Copyright © 2011 Alan Hayward, Frank Weare and Anthony Oakhill
Author(s): Alan Hayward, Frank Weare
Published Online: 20 APR 2011 04:37AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405175210
Online ISBN: 9781444393286
About this Book
About The Product
This highly illustrated manual provides practical guidance on structural steelwork detailing. It:
· describes the common structural shapes in use and how they are joined to form members and complete structures
· explains detailing practice and conventions
· provides detailing data for standard sections, bolts and welds
· emphasises the importance of tolerances in order to achieve proper site fit-up
· discusses the important link between good detailing and construction costs
Examples of structures include single and multi-storey buildings, towers and bridges. The detailing shown will be suitable in principle for fabrication and erection in many countries, and the sizes shown will act as a guide to preliminary design.
The third edition has been revised to take account of the new Eurocodes on structural steel work, together with their National Annexes. The new edition also takes account of developments in 3-D modelling techniques and it includes more CAD standard library details.